To view the hop, you can click on the Fresh Vintage blinkie on the sidebar. This will take you around to all of the designers on the hop OR you can click on the linky party below for a look at the projects.
The featured die today is the ScoreBoard Caddy which has been specially designed to cut and score thick material like mat board. Matboard is my favorite art/craft supply ever. It's nice and sturdy, you can ink, paint, chalk, mist and color it with markers. Cover it with paper or stamp on it. Whatever you do with this stuff, it looks great! The caddy can be created with just one pocket or you can cut two, and add another pocket on the back (like a beverage holder). The flowers and leafy vine also come with the die and are great for embellishments.
The idea for this die on a trip to Aruba. My husband and I were delayed for 2 1/2 hours at the airport and when we finally boarded the plane, they offered us each a free drink. Although I was not quite ready for happy hour (at 10 AM), I took the little bottle. It was so CUTE I knew I had to make a tiny caddy for it. Unfortunately, it is not quite big enough! I have to work within the die specs and just could not make it fit :-( but that's how the caddy came to be. And we had a GREAT vacation in Aruba!
Let's take a look at what the other designers did with this die:
There are so many ways to fill this container. Pick a theme and have fun with it. For your friend who sews, tie up some fat quarters, add fun trims, needles and lace. Know a letter writer? Fill this with stamps, a pretty pen and personalized notepad. Chocolate fixes everything- send treats for a friend in need of cheering up. Put teabags and accessories in one for your favorite tea drinker. Hair bows and headbands would fit great in here. What would you put in the caddy?
To see dies and projects that have already been posted, visit the page above titled "Sizzix Blog Hops". For a chance to win the Flower, Layers #9 die, answer the question about today's hop on the Oh My Crafts blog today.
For my project I kept it simple. Had a big deadline today to finish up and deliver.
- Cut one divider piece and 2 pockets from aqua mat board.
- Following instructions on package, assemble caddy adding pockets to front and back of divider. Cover divider with ledger paper on back side.
- Color leaves and flowers with Copic markers, blending for depth. Add pearl bling to centers of flowers. Adhere to front pocket of box.
- Add a scoop of Perfect Pearls to a mister spray bottle. Spray mixture all over finished box. Let dry.
- I realized that the Memo Holder just fit perfectly in here! Did I plan it that way? Nope, but it worked out :-) Cut memo holder from heavy card stock. Place a matboard die cut on scoring board as a guide and score lines onto to paper memo holder..
- Emboss flap with Textured Impression folder. Add magnet closures.
- Wrap twine three times around outside of caddy and tie in a bow.
- Fill folder with post it notes. Add matching pencils and you have a fun little caddy for your desk. You may want to glue this to a base if contents are heavy or could get off balance.
A present for Trinity!
Special treat- Julie McGuffee is giving away the items pictured above! See the blue Designer Crafts Connection logo on my sidebar? Well, many of the DCC designers are also participating in this blog hop. Hop forward through these DCC designer blogs and see how many you can find with the Sizzix Fresh Vintage logo on their blog, then hop on over to Julie's blog to leave a comment. She will announce the winner on November 8th, so check back.