To view the hop, you can click on the Fresh Vintage blinkie on the sidebar. This will take you around to all of the designers on the hop OR you can click on the linky party below for a look at all the projects. To see projects that have already been posted, visit the page above titled "Sizzix Blog Hops". For a chance to win this die, answer the question about today's hop on the Oh My Crafts blog today.
The Suitcase is a fun die- just the right size to fit a gift card, small piece of jewelry, ATC's, a deck of playing cards, mini- album or hair accessories. Or it wouldn't it make a great favor box or goody bag for a party or special occasion? You could also cut it out of patterned paper and score the folds in just a few seconds on your scoring board for a more customized look or embellish the suitcase with rubber stamps, inks, paints, ribbon straps, luggage tags, or beading. This die is really versatile. What would you put in here?
I can't wait to see what the other designers have created for this hop! Let's take a look:
It was so hard to choose what I wanted to do this time. I decided to make a cool vintage suitcase in black and cream using a hound's tooth stencil from Crafter's Workshop and then fill it with a few different things.
- Cut suitcase die from mat board.
- Place the stencil over the suitcase box and lid, and pounce Tuxedo Black Memento stamp ink with a foam applicator. Also stencil the small tab piece.
- Ink the inside of the box and lid by randomly swiping the inked applicator over the surface. Ink both sides of the handle also.
- Fold up the box and add brads to each of the four holes in the corners.
- Add tacky tape to the back of the lid tab and adhere to the inside back of the suitcase.
- Add tacky tape to one side of the small tab and adhere just to the edge of the front of the lid. The pressure of the tab against the inside of the suitcase will keep the box closed. Attach the handle to the suitcase with more tacky tape and you are done!
- I decorated the front of the suitcase with orange velvet ribbon, a Fringed flower and a Katiedids Creative Component. I added crystals to the outside of the component and then filled with Dimensional Magic to embed the crystals. Then I added a few more drops to the center and placed an orange card stock coil into the center.
- Add whatever fun things you want, add a card and you are set!
Nothing says Halloween like candy corn
Stack of ATC cards.
Deck of cards with embossed black moth of death (for Karl)
Katiedid Component filled with crystal goodness
Hey what's that???
Yikes! A popping up bat! Die by Karen Burniston